Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fish Works in North Vancouver





I was looking for a new restaurant to try out on the North Shore; sometimes it seems like I've tried them all!

I'd heard from a few friends over the past few months that Fishworks down on 91 Londsale Avenue was pretty good, so I invited a friend to go and try it out with me on a Saturday night.

I easily made a reservation for 6:30 a few days before, and found parking just one block up on 1st street.

The hostess greeted us right away and offered to take our jackets. The restaurant was inviting and warm; dark woods and nice lighting.

It wasn't too busy yet, but was starting to fill up.

We were seated and helped out right away by our server. He was very welcoming and told us a number of specials for that evening. Many of them sounded very delicious, but after perusing the menu I was torn between the bouillabaisse and the ling cod.

The server suggested the bouillabaisse as a better choice as it was very popular, so I chose that along with a 1/2 pound of mussels with jalapeno, coconut milk and lemongrass. Yum!

The drinks we ordered came out quickly, but my friend's beer wasn't very good. Not the fault of the restaurant, but our server was very on top of things and offered to bring her something else. That's the kind of service I like.

We got our delicious mussels and polished them off without delay. The flavours were very nice together.

Our mains came out soon after; the bouillabaisse for me, and a salmon Wellington for my friend.

Both dishes were piping hot and full of flavour. My dish was lovely to look at; lots of colour and nicely presented. We enjoyed our meals very much and the bill came to around $70 before tip. I thought that was reasonable considering the service, and the quality of the food. 

By the time we left, there were no available tables. It was around 7:30pm.

I would recommend Fishworks if you're looking for yummy seafood, and excellent service. We left full and with no complaints.

Fishworks
91 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver
BC V7M 2E5
T. 778 340 3449
F. 778 340 3449


***I wrote this review without being paid, or invited to do the review. It is my own opinion.

Fishworks & Canoe Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment